Friday is for Favorites! For new readers, 'Friday is for Favorites' is my weekly series where I become a rebel, and break all of my own rules of design cohesiveness to which I normally adhere on the Bubby and Bean blog. No themes, trend collections, or matching aesthetics - just a random collection of things I happen to be loving on that particular Friday. This Friday I'm taking the whole rebellion thing a step further by breaking my Friday Favorites rule of breaking my regular rule of keeping collections/posts cohesive on Bubby and Bean. Although all my favorites this week are indeed random, there in a common theme in that they are all stocking stuffer ideas that I love. I guess technically that cancels out the whole rule-breaking thing in the first place, but I'm going to pretend it's actually a double rule-breaker. Defiance is so much more fun.
Pantone Notes: 20 Assorted Notecards & Envelopes, available at Blick. ($14.95)
2. My sister would pretty much die for the When We Kiss Ring from Modcloth. I can already see the annoyed look on her face when I ask to borrow it for the 27th time. ($19.99)
3. These gorrrrgeous pens from Iomoi come as a set of 14 (and are available in other colors/designs too!). ($28.00)
4. Really though. My mom would sport this 'I'm a Garden Ho' button all summer long. My family has never really shyed away from neighbors' stares. By Artlife on Etsy. ($2.50)
5. Chevrons + feathers + bookmarks. My kind of stocking stuffer. These are so pretty, they'd do equally well in a frame as they would in a book. Set of 4, handprinted on kraft paper by Miles of Light on Etsy. ($10.00)
6. This vibrant, handmade jumprope may be a little too big to actually fit in a stocking, but it's a million times cooler than one of those cheap drugstore versions, so who cares. Plus, who doesn't need a little extra exercise after the holidays? Get one for all your pals at Jupiter's Child on Etsy. ($33.00)
7. Sequin cuff bracelet = party in your stocking. Sequin cuff bracelet that you can DIY = all-night disco rager in your stocking. True story. Rockstar crafter Martha Stewart shows you how to make your very own right here. ($5-ish for supplies)
Robbie and I host Christmas morning at our place, and the majority of the presents under the tree are what most would probably consider to be stocking stuffers. My family and I don't really get each other "big gifts" these days - we focus more on getting together, making yummy food and just hanging out. I love holiday shopping though, and I have so much fun going on treasure hunts and searching online for really cool, unique little goodies. For this edition of Friday is For Favorites, I thought I'd put together this little roundup of stocking stuffer goodness for you all.
What are your weekend plans? We have a double birthday party to go to tonight (woohoo!), and tomorrow, I'm going Christmas shopping with the girls in a super cute town outside of the city. It's been a crazy week and I am so looking forward to a little time off.
I hope your Friday is full of goodness and all of your very favorite things...