Friday is for Favorites! Yes, I realize that we're bordering on Friday being over right now, but it's been kind of an insane week here work-wise and I fell a little behind. I just couldn't skip this post though, because as I mentioned earlier, it's been over a MONTH since my last Friday is for Favorites, which is simply bananas.
For new readers, 'Friday is for Favorites' is my weekly series where I become a rebel, and break all of my own rules of design cohesiveness to which I normally adhere on the Bubby and Bean blog. No themes, trend collections, or matching aesthetics here. Just a random collection of things I happen to be loving this particular week.
Markus Lupfer version is sold out, but I'm pretty sure I could DIY some similar. Maybe on a reworked sweatshirt made from a really soft jersey... Or even a thrifted sweater... Crafty wheels in brain are turning...
2. My dear friend Cheri got me this kick ass book for my birthday, and I have become mildly obsessed with it. When I was in middle school, my photographer father helped me make a pinhole camera out of a box and some electrical tape for my science fair project, and I've been fascinated ever since. This book has the most creative ideas ever, and I can't wait to make all sorts of cameras out of random objects. The design of the book itself with all of its glorious typography is pretty awesome too. (P.S. I won third place for that science fair project, in case you were wondering).
3. If I had $178 to spend on a tote bag, I would own this one right this very minute. Why just have a travel tote when you can have a travel tote that looks like a vintage travel magazine?! My crush on you grows with each passing day, Kate Spade.
4. Sorry kids. No profound hidden meanings or deep-seated dark symbolism this one. It is what it is. And I love that. (Found this on tumblr, but can anyone tell me the original source?)
5. If there was a word for "not-a-morning-person-in-the-slightest," I would definitely need a tshirt with it printed across the front. It takes a lot to get me motivated in the morning, but I'm pretty sure this adorable mug (filled with extra-strong coffee and a dash of vanilla soy milk) would help.
6. I love this look spotted at Milan Fashion Week by Vogue Italia. Any dress that is (a) yellow and (b) short is probably gonna be a winner in my book, but this one is especially rad because girl's not afraid to pair it with all kinds of boldness (check out that bag!). I bet she's fun.
7. Seriously, how cute is this? When Bubby dog passed away, his amazing vet gave us two prints of his sweet little paw. I keep one with me, and my husband takes the other with him on the road. The husband has been taking pictures of it everywhere he's gone, so that Bubby's memory can live on and travel with him. So far his paw print has been on a cruise, to Jamaica, to Haiti, to Florida, and now it's chillin' in NYC. These shots are from when Robbie went to a taping of The Daily Show yesterday, and in Times Square today. Love love love.
What are your weekend plans? It's snowy winter madness here in Chicago, and seeing that I am convinced I was from the tropics in another life, this means I won't be leaving the house much. I will be going to pick up the husband at the airport on Sunday morning from New York City, where the band is playing the Nokia tonight and tomorrow (both sold-out shows, go team!), but that's likely as exciting as it's gonna get around here. In four days I'll be going back to the airport, but that time it will be to hop a plane to Mexico for the band's annual music fest down there. (Hmmm. I guess I should probably shave my I-don't-care-because-it's-winter legs before then, huh?) Speaking of my little trip south of the border, I have a whole bunch of awesome guest bloggers lined up to hijack Bubby and Bean in my absence, and I'm pretty thrilled for you guys to get to read their posts. Lots of fun in store.
Whatever your plans and whatever the weather, I hope your weekend is wonderful in every way...