Friday is for Favorites! For new readers, 'Friday is for Favorites' is my (almost) weekly series where I become a rebel, and break all of my own rules of design cohesiveness to which I normally adhere on the Bubby and Bean blog. No themes, trend collections, or matching aesthetics here. Just a gathering of a few random things that I happen to be loving this particular week.
Arts and Science's spring collection. Really though. I want them on my feet.
2. Without a doubt, Midnight in Paris was my favorite movie of 2011. Even though it didn't win the Golden Globe for best picture, I'm crossing my fingers it wins the Oscar on Sunday. Everything about this movie is just ridiculously amazing. Seriously. If you haven't seen it, see it. You'll thank me. Promise.
3. If I had a million dollars, I would make our spare room into a closet and fill it with awesomely patterned black and white dresses, like these beauties from ModCloth. Actually, I'd use it to pay bills and buy a car that wasn't on the verge of its final breakdown. But it's Friday, and I'm not going to ruin it by focusing on the practical. Jeez.
4. The design dork in me is completely fascinated by this vintage design magazine, called Arts et Métiers Graphiques. Published from 1927 to 1939, it was an influential graphic arts magazine created by the head of the French type-foundry Deberny et Peignot. I am currently on the hunt for a copy that I can hold and drool over in real life. Fellow design nerds, you can find on more on AMG here.
5. How about this colorful painted bench, created out of the remnants of a wooden ramp? It reminds me of a xylophone, and I want to make one of my very own. Instant cheer.
6. I'll be honest, it's been hard to see cute doggy products (and dog treats, and dog food, and dogs...) since we lost our Bubby boy. But this adorable 'Woof Woof' bowl from Ruche makes me smile big. I think I need to grab one for the Bean (my sis's smart + sassy Shiba Inu).
Do you have any fun weekend plans? This is the first weekend in 2012 that Robbie will actually be home, so when I'm not smothering him with annoying amounts of affection, we'll be gallivanting around town visiting estate sales, coffee shops, and vintage stores. Or maybe just getting groceries and stopping by the hardware store. Whatever. We should probably also spend some time spring cleaning our hot mess of a house (the clutter built up in here could quite possibly make us candidates for that Hoarders show), but putting that off in exchange for more pleasurable activities sounds much more appealing. We'll see... The delayed reaction of a winter that decided to envelope Chicago today may just force us to stay put and get organized. Then on Sunday, one of my favorite events of the year - the Oscars - will finally arrive! Hurray! I explained in my Golden Globes post why I'm slightly obsessed with movie awards shows (pssst... I have an acting degree!), so I'll spare you the repetition and just say that I'm really, really excited.
I hope that your Friday is full of everything wonderful. And your weekend too!
Leap Year Giveaway? If not, click here for a chance to win a prize package full of over $100 worth of seriously amazing goodies!