It's been a couple of months since I did a color love post, which is just silly. Plus, summer is my favorite time of year for color, so I figured it was about time for another. Even though I'm naturally more drawn to neutrals tones (as you can probably tell by the simple white, grey, and muted mustard color theme of my blog design), I'm a big fan of bolder colors in the summertime. I've been wearing a lot of tangerine and coral tones these days, but my biggest color crush lately is yellow (duh) paired with shades of aqua and turquoise blue. This combination can be pretty intense, and it's definitely not something I'd wear head to toe or choose to be the two main colors for a room makeover. But when these colors are put together in the right way, they're summer perfection in my eyes. (This could just be because I'm a big nerd, but it's the truth).
J.Crew spring 2012: yellow pants, turquoise belt.
2. Yellow and aqua fabric, Scarlet Fig.
3. Yellow shopping carts + aqua tights. (source)
4. Stella Floor Lamps, Urban Outfitters.
5. Effortless Allure Dress in Gold, Modcloth.
6. Flores Yellow & Turquoise Door photograph, Niall Corbet.
7. 'Make it Happen,' peasforeveryone.
8. Hemp macramed friendship bracelet, Hemp Necklace Store.
9. Pool Party cupcake liners, Shop Sweet Lulu.
10. Gonna Be All Bright Flat in Yellow, Modcloth.
11. Yellow and turquoise Milly Tassel Bracelets, Free People.
12. 'Crochet' photograph, S. Jane.
13. Yellow flip flops, aqua stained wood. (source)
What are your thoughts on yellow and aqua for summer? Any other particular combinations that are your favorite this time of year?