I love 4th of July. Summer is my favorite season, and when you combine that with fun food, outdoor parties, and fireworks, I'm in heaven. I'm especially excited because this year, my husband will be off the road just for that day (for the first time since we've known each other the band doesn't have a show that day!), so we're going to get to celebrate together with friends. I offered to create a couple of simple banners for a party we're going to, and it was so quick and easy that I thought I'd share it with you guys.
I already had kraft cardstock and red and white baker's twine on hand which is why I chose them for this project, but you can use any color of cardstock and any type of ribbon. And if you don't have the supplies, you can easily get some cardstock and twine or ribbon for less than a few dollars at any craft store.
1. First, download the free printables by clicking on these links: template 1 and template 2. Then print them out on matte photo paper or cardstock on your printer's best quality setting.
2. Using a paper cutter or scissors, cut each sheet into four, making a total of eight 4.25 x 5.5 pieces.
3. Punch two holes (one in each upper corner) in each of your pieces.
4. Cut about eight feet of twine or ribbon, and thread through the holes on each piece of cardstock, starting from the backside. Make sure you start with the 'H' and thread in order.
5. Finish threading through all eight pieces, knot the ends of the twine or ribbon, and hang!
For those of you here in the states, happy 4th of July! For everyone else, happy summer!