I've always been into taking care of my skin, but the older I get, the more concerned I am with what I'm actually putting on it. I mean, have you ever looked at the ingredient list on your beauty products? It can be a little scary, especially when some of them can actually be toxic. Bexause of this, in addition to the fact that my skin is ultra sensitive to chemicals (eyelid eczema from harsh ingredients is no fun, guys) I've been on a mission to switch over to as many clean, non-toxic skincare and cosmetic items as possible. I've discovered some items I genuinely adore, and I started thinking that these types of products would also make incredible holiday gifts. So today I'm sharing with you my top picks for the best beauty products to give to your loved ones this holiday season - and every single one of them is free from unhealthy ingredients.
1. RMS X Follain Gift Set - The Eye Edition ($60) - This gift set is a collaboration between RMS Beauty and Follain, and feature four amazing RMS products (Swift Shadow SB-43, Powdered Eye Shadow Brush, Master Mixter, and Coconut Oil wipes), beautifully packaged together in a reusable muslin pouch. This would be such a great gift for a sister or best friend.
2. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer ($38) - This one-of-a-kind highlighter is an item I use myself on the daily, and it's by far the best highlighter I've ever tried. It contains all nature minerals and is great for my sensitive skin. Several of my favorite ladies are getting this for Christmas.
3. Hurraw! Early Grey Lip Balm ($3.79) - The perfect stocking stuffer, this yummy lip balm is made from the cold pressed oil of Italian Bergamot oranges.
4. French Girl Sea Polish ($38) - Know someone who deserves a spa treatment? This is the gift for them! It's like an at-home spa in a jar you guys. Made with Atlantic sea salt, coconut oil, shea, cocoa and hokum butters, it gently exfoliates the skin while leaving it supple and fully hydrated.
5. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray ($28) - Another perfect stocking stuffer or smaller gift item, this stuff creates the ultimate mermaid hair with yummy organic ingredients.
6. Herbivore Botanicals Calm Bath Salts ($18) - The packaging of this is so gorgeous I don't even know if it needs wrapping! This soothing and calming blend of bath salts including floral ylang ylang and natural vanilla to relax the mind, and Himalayan Pink Salt crystals to detoxify the body.
7. Apotheke Botanika Skin Cream ($22) - Everyone appreciates a great hand cream and this one is the best of the best. Made with uber rich shea cream and decadent smelling essential oils. An easy, sure to be loved gift for anyone on your list.
8. Tammy Fender Anti-Aging Sample Kit ($165) - My personal favorite! I've been using these items everyday, and genuinely believe it's the perfect gift for anyone on your list who would appreciate delicious smelling, luxurious, 100% botanical anti-aging skin care. (Side note: the Quintessential Serum is a miracle worker.
9. ILIA Lip Trio ($48) - My sister the makeup lover is getting this one! ILIA has created mini versions of their best-selling lip shades (made with organic ingredients), which come gift-ready in this custom BAGGU leather pouch.
10. Saipua Rose Geranium Soap Bar ($18) - A great gift for a host/hostess, teacher, or coworker. Nothing smells better!
11. Follain Candle ($42) - Okay, so this is technically not a beauty product. But I had to include it because I have one and love it so much. From the vegetable wax to the cotton wick to the eco-friendly packaging, everything about it is safe for us and for the environment. And the scent is absolutely divine. It would make such an elegant hostess gift, or a sweet gift for a new mom who could use a little relaxation.
12. Ursa Major Traveler's Skin Care Set ($41) - I can't think of a better gift for loved ones who travel often for work (or pleasure!). It contains several on-the-go skincare essentials, all of which are made with nontoxic ingredients.
13. Erbaviva Baby Travel Kit ($31) - I'd be thrilled to receive this (hint hint!) for Emmett. This would make a great gift for any mama or dad to young babes. It contains lotion, shampoo, diaper cream, and balm - all made with gentle, safe, nontoxic ingredients - in a pretty package.
14. May Lindstorm Masque Treatment Bowl ($32) - This beautiful bowl is made with natural clay and is the perfect vessel for bringing skin treatments to life. It would make a such a great companion gift to a luxurious nontoxic mask or facial treatment!
Lucky for me (and you!), all of these incredible finds are available in one place, an online shop called Follain, aka my new favorite place to shop for beauty products. Tara Foley, their founder, used to work at a New York City law firm, but left her job to build Follain after discovering that Europe bans more than 1,300 toxic beauty product ingredients while the U.S. only bans 11. (11! How messed up is that?) Follain (which means "healthy, wholesome and sound" in Gaelic - the 3 principles upon which they base items they choose to carry) offers hundreds of non-toxic beauty products and gifts curated for the highest standards of health and effectiveness, from over 60 brands. My favorite thing about them, aside from the fact that they carry so many beauty items I personally love, is that all of their ingredients are safe for people and the planet. They even have a Restricted Substances List (RSL), which is a list of unsafe ingredients that you will never find in their products. And their RSL is the most rigorous in the entire industry. Every product they carry is packed with nutritious ingredients that help feed and beautify your skin while supporting your health. It makes me feel good to be giving some of their items as holiday gifts to people I care about. If you want to check out a Follain store in person, they have them in Boston, Washington, D.C., and Nantucket, and they just opened a pop-up shop in New York City (109 Mercer Street in Soho) that will be open through February. Hurry up and come to Chicago you guys!
In addition to their website, you can also find Follain on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Pinterest.
Who else is a fan of nontoxic beauty products? Will you be giving any as gifts this holiday season?
This post is in partnership with Follain. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Bubby & Bean possible.
ALSO FIND US HERE: INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST // BLOGLOVIN'