Even though I live in a mostly urban environment, when it's spring and summer, I feel very connected to the earth. I actually spent many years living in much more rural locales (the mountains of Colorado and Oregon), but during the warmer months, I feel even more inspired by nature now that I live in a place where concrete overshadows green. With my eager anticipation of spring's arrival and all the beauties of nature that come along with it, I've been finding myself very drawn to earthy, nature-inspired jewelry.
The pieces featured in this post are some of my current favorites. Each one possesses a quality that is very earth-centered to me. Some feature bold colors that hint at spring flowers and vibrant skies. Others are raw and organic and blissfully rough. And some, touched with brass or gold, remind me of how the sun shines down on a spring morning, all warm and glowing and new.
In their own ways, these pieces of jewelry all evoke elements of spring and the simple pleasures that accompany those first weeks of finally being able to spend more time outdoors. I'm so ready.
2. Ridiculously cool stacked vintage brass 'Mesa Necklace' by Laura Lombardi.
3. Elegant brass and beechwood bracelet by the Garden Studio.
4. Beautiful beaded feather 'Rayni Earring' by my sweet friend Laura of Roots and Feathers.
5. Simple + stunning white agate gold-plated 'Huarayo' dangle earrings via Shopbop.
6. Gorgeous brass/turquoise 'Terrestrial Earrings' by another blogger pal, the talented Moorea Seal.
7. Sunny, vibrant neon Aztec faux feather earrings by Love Sexton.
8. Seriously striking quartz and tourmaline ring by Bjorg Jewelry.
9. Pretty raw turquoise nuggest necklaces by The Vamoose.
What about you? Are you a fan of jewelry that incorporates earth-inspired elements?