And here is what happened this weekend, in my little world...
2. We went on a Goodwill run and scored a shelf for our laundry area. And this almost-new Ann Taylor denim jacket, for $4!
3. I spent 4 hours organizing my train wreck of a closet. I am borderline embarrassed about the amount of clothing I own, and a large portion of it has been living in laundry baskets. I finally went through everything, filled two garbage bags for Goodwill, and transferred the laundry basket madness to my closet and dresser. I then organized by type of garment and season, which does not come naturally to the disorganized spirit. And yes, those space saver hanger things totally work.
4. During the Insane Cleaning Spree of 2012, I came across this amazing photo of my mom from the 70s, taken at the commune where she lived. She will forever be infinitely cooler than me.
6. And yet another treasure unearthed in the midst of our cleaning madness: "This Room is Mine," aka my favorite book as a little girl. The illustrations are so rad.
7. We took a cleaning break on Saturday and drove out to a local farm to take some photos for an outfit post. It was a gorgeous day with perfect lighting. I'm going to be extra sad when Robbie goes back on the road this week, because outfit post photo shoots are 526 times easier with him doing the photographing.
8. Bubby and Bean was featured on Etsy's front page. Woot! (*This actually happened on Friday, but I just remembered it. I think my brain is foggy from our cleaning overdose).
10. While I was having my late night egg-dying session, Robbie decided to "bust out the Kitchenaid" as he calls it, and whip up some chocolate chip cookies to take to my dad's for Sunday morning Easter brunch. Everyone loved them (duh). Also, if you have never microwaved Peeps, do it. This was part of the activity at my dad's after we ate, and it was a pretty impressive spectacle. Yes, my family finds entertainment in watching marshmallow candies transform into large, monster-like creatures through the use of heat. We're easily amused.
11. On Sunday, we drank an unhealthy amount of coffee to fuel our cleaning spree.
12. I continued to find buried treasure among the clutter. Any fellow children of the '80s remember Fashion Plates?! I loved them so much that my sister bought me this set off eBay a couple of years ago. I am so playing with them later.
14. We finally (almost) finished cleaning. There is still a lot to do. But we did good. And I was pretty excited to find this little gem: the initial sketch I did of Bubby dog that eventually became the official Bubby and Bean logo.
Almost all of these photos were taken from my trusty Instagram account, by the way. You can see more of my random photos under the user name @bubbyandbean. And all you Android people, welcome to Instagram! It's nice to have you. :) (If you use Instagram, leave your user name in the comments so I can check out your photos!)
What did you do this weekend?