Friday is for Favorites! For new readers, 'Friday is for Favorites' is my (almost) weekly series where I become a rebel, and break all of my own rules of design cohesiveness to which I normally adhere on the Bubby and Bean blog. No themes, trend collections, or matching aesthetics here. Just a gathering of a few random things that I happen to be loving this particular week.
this one from Free People's May collection. Is it so impeccably styled in their catalog with those mounds of stacked bracelets and that killer necklace. If it were mine, I'd throw it on right at the part of evening when the June air starts to feel cool, and run barefoot through the grass, and play a tambourine by a bonfire or sing Joni Mitchell or something. And it would be glorious.
2. The incredibly awesome Beca and Doug over at Tumbleweeds have been garnering a lot of attention, and for good reason. Their handmade (as in really handmade, just by the two of them) wood veneer glasses and sunglasses are super stylish, and they literally work around the clock to keep up with their orders. I'm especially smitten with this set of his + her Sweetheart Sunglasses.
3. Every single person reading this who knows me in 'real life' is nodding his or her head right now. Yes, you are. It's okay. I'm thinking I just need to buy this shirt and wear it everywhere I go, automatically negating the need for explanation upon my arrival.
4. Titled 'Swiss Autumn,' this photograph by Nathan Lawrenson is so gorgeous that a good ten minutes passed before I realized that I'd been staring at it (in a borderline creepy way), envisioning the decor of my imaginary apartment that lies just inside those perfectly rustic second floor windows.
5. I'm not sure what's more awesome about this little Rebecca Minkoff pouch - the way that the gold type glimmers against the soft pink, or the fact that it finds a way to so flawlessly combine a normally effortless, bohemian concept ('summer of love') with a very urban, chic design. I like it.
6. I don't care that it's grainy and out of focus, this is the best bloody picture of Paul McCartney I've ever seen. The way he's sipping his tea all casual-like, and ya know, just leisurely snapping some pictures, is freaking adorable. (image source)
7. I cried when I read this. I don't think I've ever seen anything that has more accurately described the way a dog should be treated. In a way, it also reassured me that I did a good job with my Bubby boy over the 16 wonderful years I had with him, because I feel like I followed these 'commandments' by nature. And I credit Bubby for that - for making it so easy for me to treat him the right way. He was such a truly sweet dog, and he conveyed his emotions like nothing I'd ever seen in an animal. It was impossible to get angry with him or not be there for him. I wish that it was mandatory for everyone who considered getting a dog to read this and agree to it beforehand. Thank you, Stan Rawlinson, for being so right on.
I had one of those "nothing is going right," mentally draining kind of days yesterday where you helplessly collapse into bed like you've run a marathon or worked 20 hours straight, despite that fact that you somehow managed to get absolutely nothing accomplished. I'm very glad that it's a new day, and even more so that it's a Friday. I'm going to do my best to be extra productive today to make up for yesterday, and then reward myself tomorrow with the laziest day ever. My plans are to be blissfully lackadaisical and pretend I haven't a care in the world, and maybe eat a lot of chocolate. Robbie flies back in early tomorrow morning from working a festival in Alabama for the last two days, and since he will likely be equally as exhausted, I have a feeling he'll want to join me at the lazy party. He gets really excited when I want to just hang and do nothing together, since the majority of the time I can't seem to sit down for more than 2 minutes without feeling the need to get back up and do something with myself. So it should be a nice, chill, uneventful day. Nothing sounds better right now.
Do you have anything fun planned this weekend? Or will you be in attendance at the lazy party as well?