here. Thanks little sis for sharing this glorious avocado goodness while I'm off on my road trip! xo, melissa
Hey you guys! I'm back to share another of my favorite recipes - one that uses one of my all-time favorite ingredients. What is green, mushy, and unbelievably tasty? The incredible avocado! I put avocados on everything. I eat slices plain. I just LOVE avocados. And with this gorgeous weather we've been having lately (Indianapolis hasn't seen a summer like this in years), I've been making my favorite summer snack on the regular: guacamole. I'll admit that on lazy days I grab the pre-made seasoning packet, but I prefer to spend some extra time and make it with all fresh ingredients.
I especially love this guac recipe because it includes jalapeño for an extra kick. The great thing about guacamole is that you can add anything you want, and it's easily adjustable. Like it hot? Add more jalapeño. Think cilantro tastes like dish-soap (I'm talking to you Melissa)? Leave it out! Half the fun is playing around with different ingredients and seeing what yummy guacs you can come up with.
Serves 2-4 as an appetizer/dip
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 small or 2 large Hass Avocados (these are the ones you usually see in supermarkets)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno (be careful to remove all white veins and seeds!)
- 1 medium sized garlic clove, minced
- a few sprigs of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop/dice ingredients (other than avocado) as stated above in ingredient list.
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove all the green goodness. Place in a mixing bowl. Discard seed and skin.
3. Using a fork, break up the avocado into large chunks.
4. Add remaining ingredient and mush mush mush! (feel free to leave some chunks if that's what you like)
5. Grab your favorite tortilla chips and a refreshing margarita and dig in!