Yep. It's everywhere right now. And while I love bold, bright colors like there's no tomorrow, I'll admit that neon is one of those trends that initially scared me a little. When I saw all the neon on the runways last fall, it immediately conjured up images of mid-80s train wreck combos like hot pink blazers with massive shoulder pads, and florescent yellow ripped vinyl leggings with towering, Aqua Net-plastered bangs. Also, let's face it - not many of us look good draped in full-on neon garb. Or at least I don't. But as it goes with many things, in moderation, neon is pretty awesome. A pop of high-voltage citrus or dayglo orange or vibrant fuchsia can be really amazing if paired with the right neutrals. I've actually become mildly obsessed with these hints of electric color. So naturally, I decided it was about time for a color love post that showcased this little crush I'm having, via some of my current favorite neons.
2. Citrus dress from the SS12 collection at H&M.
3. 'Colorful Matches' by sarcasmspeaks on Flickr.
4. The Neon Nail Polish collection from American Apparel.
5. Awesome window display at Moccasin Telegraph.
6. 'Get Your Neon On' rabbit print. (source)
7. Neon pink painted table. (source)
8. Karen Walker neon sunnies, via Les Nouvelles.
9. La Mer neon orange wrap watch, via shopbop.
10. The 'Neon Light Rail Wedge,' via ModCloth.
What are your thoughts on the neon trend? All about it, or not interested?